Is anyone else interested in cars and motorsport?

I'm into all kinds of motorsport. If it goes fast, smells like race fuel, and frys tires, I'm all in. Not as much the "turn left" sports like nascar and oval track racing, but even those are OK. Stadium Super Truck, Drifting, autocross, rally, desert racing, skiddies, drag racing, all win. :)

I'm into all kinds of motorsport. If it goes fast, smells like race fuel, and frys tires, I'm all in. Not as much the "turn left" sports like nascar and oval track racing, but even those are OK. Stadium Super Truck, Drifting, autocross, rally, desert racing, skiddies, drag racing, all win. :)
Hello!
I agree about the "turn left" thing, although I don't really know enough about them to say one way or another!
Have you competed much?
We are only just starting out, and I must say it's a lot of fun :D
Unfortunately we didn't officially finish our first event, due to navigational error (mine!) but we could rejoin the next day, and still had big grins at the end of the day!

Hello!
I agree about the "turn left" thing, although I don't really know enough about them to say one way or another!
Have you competed much?
We are only just starting out, and I must say it's a lot of fun :D
Unfortunately we didn't officially finish our first event, due to navigational error (mine!) but we could rejoin the next day, and still had big grins at the end of the day!
I've built a lot of VW powered race cars over the years and crewed for a couple seasons with a local dirt track team, but I am more a spectator these days. My daughter's trying to talk me into building her an LS powered drift miata but I have to make space in the garage for that first which means kicking out 2 VW bugs and my Fj45 roller (still trying to decide if going LS power or 2j on that). So she's going to have to wait.

I've built a lot of VW powered race cars over the years and crewed for a couple seasons with a local dirt track team, but I am more a spectator these days. My daughter's trying to talk me into building her an LS powered drift miata but I have to make space in the garage for that first which means kicking out 2 VW bugs and my Fj45 roller (still trying to decide if going LS power or 2j on that). So she's going to have to wait.
Sounds good!
What sort of racing do the dirt track team do?
I think the terminology is quite different from here, so it needs some getting used to.
Also, sorry if this is silly question, but what does a Fj45 roller look like?

fj45
images

A roller here in the US is something without an engine in it.

Personally I like the fj40 better but here in the US they are rare as hens teeth.

I've seen some videos of drag racing, but that's about all I know about it.
Is there like, championships, or is it more just winning individual events?

There are the cliche street races, local tracks that do weekend events, up to the pros like NHRA and IHRA.

You ever hear of mighty car mods on you tube? They are from down under and do a bunch of car stuff. A lot of road track but they have built a drag car. They ended up selling it to friend, he started his own channel, and done power tour here in the US in it 2 times now I think.

Yall do have the Australian National Drag Racing Association (ANDRA). Not sure how big it is.

There are the cliche street races, local tracks that do weekend events, up to the pros like NHRA and IHRA.

You ever hear of mighty car mods on you tube? They are from down under and do a bunch of car stuff. A lot of road track but they have built a drag car. They ended up selling it to friend, he started his own channel, and done power tour here in the US in it 2 times now I think.

Yall do have the Australian National Drag Racing Association (ANDRA). Not sure how big it is.
Interesting stuff, with the street races, do they close the road while they are racing?
I remember seeing on YouTube a big meet up and race, and was wondering how that works.
And no I haven't seen them, I haven't really looked at the drag racing stuff much at all.
I do find it impressive, but in our area, there isn't much of that sort of thing; so it's a lot harder to get in to. And there isn't the inspiration of talking to people about it.
The main sports in this area, are rally, hill climbs, a bit of circuit and carting.

Back
Top Bottom