Is Anyone Hatching on March 13th??

Quote:
Are they having trouble walking? How can you tell? I am really new at this and am still learning what to look for!

I really appreciate all the help everyone here has given!
smile.png

spraddle leg...i think it's called. i've had many with it...sometimes you can fix the legs if you do it right after hatching, but sometimes it seems its much more trouble then it's worth...thats sad to say...but i've tried fixing so many, and they all eventually end up dead.

i just got home and two more hatched! one still has a piece of shell on him, so cute. so now theres three total!! the oldest one is pecking the toes and wings of the newest hatched one... can i take them out? i dont want to open the bator but im affraid hes going to do damage to that new chick... i have more pips so i dont want to open it but should i? the oldest was born lastnight so i dont know if hes hungry lol and thats why hes pecking them or what...

if you have a bunch of other eggs
and if they're pipped i vote for leaving the chicks in there
they'll be fine

i had three jumping on top of one trying to hatch, and they're all fine now.

well i got home and one has managed to move itself sideways, lol! but no pips yet or anything. but at least something changed... might be day 22 for me it looks like... or 23, or 24...
barnie.gif

Last edited:
i know, i want to leave it shut but one is really pecking on the other, the other one is tired he just hatched. actually two seem to be picking on the newer one..
roll.png

I will admit, that I take them out as they dry. if they are dry, they get moved. Yes, this means opening the bator during hatching, but as long as you keep the temp and humidity up where it should be, i've never had any issues.

I have 33 eggs....so if I tried to wait til all 33 were hatched, It would be a mad house in there!

I quickly took out my 3 that have hatched and also took out the egg that had pipped on the bottom half...Unfortunately that baby had pipped a good size hole and then died...
sad.png
...I do have 4 others that have pipped so hopefully the rest will make it...It is going to be a long night!

ok how do i know if they have pipped and then died? i have two that have pipped quite some time ago and havent seen any more progress. how did you know yours died?

Quote:
you should be able to tell if they are breathing. you have to look very close, but their beaks will be the closest thing to the whole usually...and you'll be able to see them breathing or not.

Back
Top Bottom