Is Anyone Hatching on March 13th??

One black java hatched before we went toned. This morning we found five more out and drying. In a few hours, we will remove them to the brooder. Hopefully, the rest aren't far behind.

have my first pip!!!!
pop.gif

Quote:
I incubate (days 1-18) at 32-35% (no higher). On day 18 I move them to the hatcher and up the humidity to 60-65% (no higher). This is what works for me.

Wow...really? I have been at the following:

Days 1-18: 50-60% Humidity
18th day (today) 65-67% Humidity

I have followed my incubator instructions and other things I have read.....Hope I did not mess up the process???
hu.gif
he.gif

that seems a bit too high in my opinion. they can drown if its too high

1-18 I keep it on 30-35%
18-21 I keep it at 55-60%

I've never had any issues with shrink wrapping or drowning...

I lost my whole first batch the very first time, due to the humidity being too high...will never make that mistake again!

GOOD LUCK
thumbsup.gif

The d'uccle pip progressed yesterday evening to a much larger hole/crack but then stopped. I'm sure hatching is hard work & they get tired. I got up this morning and also have a silkie pip! Yay! So two pips & it's only day 20.

What's really neat is that I went out and checked on the broody hen, also set to hatch on/around the 13th, and I can hear the chicks inside the eggs!!! None have hatched yet, but they're peepin' and makin' noise and it's just too cute!!

HHandbasket,

I'm at thirteen and several more pips.

Sent you an email this morning. For some reason BYC wouldn't let me reply thru PM.

Well we still only have the 2 pips, though Silkie 3 and Silkie 4 are rocking back and forth like crazy! Chicks are peeping inside the eggs under the broody out in the henhouse, so we should have chickies galore here at Endinay Farm by the time Monday or Tuesday rolls around!

Back
Top Bottom