Is Anyone Hatching on March 13th??

Quote:
Good Luck Cynthia!
thumbsup.gif

Wow, 10? Congratulations! I woke up early this morning & went to check on the bator, and the temp had dropped to 96! It was cold in the house, though. I had turned the heat off yesterday afternoon for the first time in I dunno how many months because it was actually kinda nice here. I guess I forgot to turn the heat back on when we went to bed & woke up to an ice cold house and temps dipped in the LG to 96. We are just entering day #21. There are 2 hatched, the one EE from last night, and a silkie hatched way late right before we went to bed. The d'uccle is taking her sweet time coming out (gotta be a girl if she's that slow getting ready, right?? LOL). She was the first one to pip, then had no activity for 24+ hours, then zipped about 1/3 way, and now she's just resting and getting ready to finish up! Another silkie that pipped yesterday has now knocked a couple of good-sized chunks of shell & is wiggling around in there, so I hopefully will have another silkie this morning.

Anyway, I turned on the heat in the house & nudged the temp up in the bator, and now I am watching the bator for a bit before I go back to bed for another hour or so. I know the LG takes some effort, especially if the room temp drops like it did here overnight.

Quote:
i'm sure the temp dropping won't do much damage, especially this far along!
oh, you're doing EE's??? i had the most beautiful white speckled EE's a roo and a hen, was going to breed, but a dog got in my coop and killed them along with 12 other of my hens
hit.gif
so, i'm trying to build up a whole new flock.
I'm looking locally for EE's. Either eggs or hens and a roo. I just want to breed them, they are beautiful.

Good luck to you
frow.gif

I feel horrible for the ones not zipped yet...they are being tossed around like soccer balls. ANY TIPS on how to prevent them being used for soccer practice?????
hu.gif

Quote:
Not much you can do about it right now...I put mine in a plastic egg rack to hatch so this doesn't happen...But I also incubate in an egg turner so I like to hatch upright also...Hey look at it this way it is keeping those chicks awake and hopefully will encourage them to get out and join the fun!

Quote:
Not much you can do about it right now...I put mine in a plastic egg rack to hatch so this doesn't happen...But I also incubate in an egg turner so I like to hatch upright also...Hey look at it this way it is keeping those chicks awake and hopefully will encourage them to get out and join the fun!

lau.gif
love it!!!

Well it's a BIG hatch day here at Endinay Farm! We have 2 silkies out, 1 EE out, 1 d'uccle fully zipped & working her way out, and I just now went outside to take a peek under my broody... she has FOUR li'l fluffy-fuzzies under her in the nest & is working on the rest of the eggs now. Looked like a couple more were in the process. I didn't want to mess with her for too long, just gonna let her do her thing!

ETA: Oh, and we have a barnevelder egg in the bator that has pipped!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom