Is anyone here a vegan or vegetarian?

minou33

Songster
8 Years
Apr 22, 2015
Colorado
I'm a long time vegan (10+ years) and would love to connect with other veg folks here who have farm animals either as rescues or pets (not having anything do with production). We live on a 5 acre homestead and foster rescued farm animals.

*Please no critical comments. I haven't ever said anything negative or questioned anyone else's choices in this forum!*

ya.gif
Didn't know there was one! Thank you.

I am a vegetarian! 4+ years now and I am looking for more recipies! I have a female Basset Hound named Lucy, a female Mini-Lop named Lilac and a male Mini-Lop named Buster. I am thinking of breeding my rabbits but not for meat. I am starting up my garden in the spring and I am so excited! I think I'm going to just grow some basic fruits and veggies. I do eat meat from the farm that I volunteer at due to me caring for all of the animals and feeding them and just knowing how much love they get. I show pigs and after a year of them staying with me, I send them to market and eat the meat. I do the same with my cattle, chickens and sheep. I'm not sure if that is 100% vegetarian but ya know how things work! I will never again eat meat from the grocery store!!!

Selectatarian,
Abster2

A vegetarian eats no meat of any kind, but eats dairy and eggs. So you aren't a vegetarian, you are eating clean, organic, humane, and sustainable, so that's the best way if you are eating meat.

I am a vegetarian! 4+ years now and I am looking for more recipies! I have a female Basset Hound named Lucy, a female Mini-Lop named Lilac and a male Mini-Lop named Buster. I am thinking of breeding my rabbits but not for meat. I am starting up my garden in the spring and I am so excited! I think I'm going to just grow some basic fruits and veggies. I do eat meat from the farm that I volunteer at due to me caring for all of the animals and feeding them and just knowing how much love they get. I show pigs and after a year of them staying with me, I send them to market and eat the meat. I do the same with my cattle, chickens and sheep. I'm not sure if that is 100% vegetarian but ya know how things work! I will never again eat meat from the grocery store!!!

Selectatarian,
Abster2

Definitely not vegetarian if you are eating meat. But you are not supporting factory farming and since you are only eating what you produce you are probably eating less meat than most other people. If you are looking for recipes, there's a cookbook I was told was good called "Vegan Cooking for Carnivores".

Back
Top Bottom