Is anyone ordered Black Copper Marans from My Pet Chicken before?

Quote:
Post a photo of the eggs? PLEASE?
smile.png

65859_pa300072.jpg

The one on the right comes from one of my RI red or stars. The one on the left is the third egg of my Black Copper Marans.
I've got two EEs and two BCMs from My Pet Chicken least June. Only one started laying eggs so far.
I hop these eggs will get bigger but the color is nice.

wow, I was actually expecting an even lighter egg! Very cool...I hope mine lay that dark! Maybe I will try to hunt down a breeder, and see if I can't get more typey birds, AND darker eggs
cool.png
Thanks for sharing your picture!

I have an adult BCM hen from MPC and her eggs are pretty dark (I had 2, but a coyote got one - I ordered another, but she hasn't started laying yet). I don't have any pics on this computer I'm at right now, but you see can a pic of the eggs on one of my BYC pages - scroll all the way down - it's on the right at the bottom of the page:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=19548-chick-pullets-hens-part-ii

The darkest 2 eggs are from my BCM, the next 2 darkest eggs are from my Welsummer. The picture was taken with a flash, so all eggs pictured are just a little darker in person than they are in the pic.

Just wondering if any of your MPC EE's are laying yet? Looking for a photo of their eggs too, please. I just ordered 3 EE's, and 2 black copper marans from them (along with a barnevelder and a welsummer).
big_smile.png

MPC is still taking hatching orders? I thought they'd closed for the season. Cool!!! (I've got space for 2 and could pawn off the extras on my friend... oh noooo...)

Back
Top Bottom