Is anyone using their feathers?

Quote:
I have a question about this. I had a 21 week old cockerel get attacked and many feathers were left behind. I collected a lot of them and a good amount had pink/red strips down the center and I even found ants eating the blood out of them, I did assume it was because they were growing. Anything wrong with collecting them to use for crafts? I did this before and they sat for a while and the feathers seemed fine.

Last edited:
idunno.gif

Quote:
I have a question about this. I had a 21 week old cockerel get attacked and many feathers were left behind. I collected a lot of them and a good amount had pink/red strips down the center and I even found ants eating the blood out of them, I did assume it was because they were growing. Anything wrong with collecting them to use for crafts? I did this before and they sat for a while and the feathers seemed fine.

I don't see why not. If they are really messy, ants can clean them off for you, then use them.

Quote:
They are gorgeous!! How hard are those to make? Not that I have time for an extra hobby but a friend of mine I saw recently that I hadn't seen in a while was wearing a pair of dangley feather earings. We went out to lunch and I couldn't stop stairing at them! Finally I said I had a rooster that looked JUST like those earings(the one that was recently plucked by the bear before being breakfast..
hmm.png
). Then we got into the whole 'they dont pluck those chickens alive btw' conversation. I couldn't help myself, I tried not to really. And that looks like something I could do, I've thought about getting into it before but mostly because my mom collects rocks and polishes them. She has probably 2 huge bucketloads of polished rocks. From aggates to jasper and even some moonstone.

Back
Top Bottom