Is Blackhead in Victoria,Australia?

Call the veterinary diagnostic labs too, but if I were you I would assume it is in Victoria, because unless a necropsy has been performed on every deceased chick, chicken, poult, turkey, peachick, peafowl, etc, there is no way to say for certain that it's not there.

Call the veterinary diagnostic labs too, but if I were you I would assume it is in Victoria, because unless a necropsy has been performed on every deceased chick, chicken, poult, turkey, peachick, peafowl, etc, there is no way to say for certain that it's not there.
Okay, thank you! Can I keep my turkeys in the same area but not in the same coop? Would that work or would you suggest separating them completely?

Okay, thank you! Can I keep my turkeys in the same area but not in the same coop? Would that work or would you suggest separating them completely?
IF blackhead is present, it is not a good idea to keep turkeys on the same ground. Anywhere there are chicken droppings, the possibility of the turkeys catching the disease is high.

If blackhead is not present, the chickens and turkeys can be kept together although there are other reasons to keep them separate.

Turkeys need much more personal space than do chickens. Turkeys that are brooded and raised with chickens can become very hazardous to the chickens once the turkeys reach their adult sizes.

In May 2007 Australia announced that metronidazole was being phased out. I doubt that it is available in Australia at this time.

Back
Top Bottom