Is Dumor feed organic?

Sarah g 12

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 10, 2012
I'm feeding my chickens Dumor grower/finisher and I can't find where it says whether the feed is organic or not. I'm planning to sell the eggs, so if it's organic, I'll be able to label them as organic and farm fresh eggs.

Most manufacturers won't tell you what their product is not. Since organic is a big selling point, and demands higher prices, you can bet that anything that is organic will make that very clear on the label.

Unless the feed is labeled organic chances are it's not. Organic feed is usually quite pricey because it costs more to make.

Dumor is NOT organic, no. If it was, you'd probably be paying twice the price you are for it.
goodpost.gif

DuMor is merely Purina. TSC's "house brand", similar to the Whirlpool appliances sold at Sears as Kenmore. Sears has no manufacturing plant.

You need to do a LOT more than feed organic food to your chickens if you want to (legally) label the eggs as "organic." In fact, if you have ever in their lives fed them non-organic food, you can never call them organic. Check the USDA site for more information.

Last edited:
You can say you feed "organic feed" and get some of the same results. You don't have to be certified to get some benefit IF you are honest with your customers.

Back
Top Bottom