Help with feed selection

The whole "organic" fad is ridiculous. Let's say you feed your chickens only "organic" feed. They breathe polluted air from local traffic blowing over to them, eat insects that landed on a flower treated with pesticide, etc. etc. etc. The whole thing is delusional to believe that microscopic bits of whatever will somehow poison a chicken or egg OR to believe that "organic" chickens are somehow free from all of the stuff in the water, air, insects, etc. around them. The "organic food" also may not contain any ADDED inorganic material, but the grains used also picked up pollutants in the water, soil, air, etc. as it was growing. Studies showed radiation from the Japanese nuclear power plant had ridden the air currents across the Pacific Ocean and across the USA!!! A tiny bit of thought shows how ridiculous the who concept is...
Folks spending more on organic anything are just wasting money b/c of scare tactics.

The whole "organic" fad is ridiculous. Let's say you feed your chickens only "organic" feed. They breathe polluted air from local traffic blowing over to them, eat insects that landed on a flower treated with pesticide, etc. etc. etc. The whole thing is delusional to believe that microscopic bits of whatever will somehow poison a chicken or egg OR to believe that "organic" chickens are somehow free from all of the stuff in the water, air, insects, etc. around them. The "organic food" also may not contain any ADDED inorganic material, but the grains used also picked up pollutants in the water, soil, air, etc. as it was growing. Studies showed radiation from the Japanese nuclear power plant had ridden the air currents across the Pacific Ocean and across the USA!!! A tiny bit of thought shows how ridiculous the who concept is...
Folks spending more on organic anything are just wasting money b/c of scare tactics.
I am always amused when people put down organic because they don't want to pay the premium or they don't like it. They always go on to denigrate it to justify their decision. Some people see value in organic. I would buy any local organic product over conventional every time if I could. Don't like organic, don't buy it. The whole organic fad has been going strong since 1942 when J I Rodale started publishing Organic Gardening Magazine. It's not going away.

Look at it this way... ORGANIC sounds like pure clean, and healthy. YET with all of the pollution, etc. around, Organic is just a name. people live healthy lives eating food that was grown with pesticides to kill pests, fungicides to kill fungus, etc. People who eat "organic" think that b/c they pay more that they avoid the chemicals. We live in a chemical-saturated world. I see organic foods packaged in PET wrap packaging, or sitting on a shelf beside chemical-grown foods being spritzed with the same water....it is a scam! there is NO scientific evidence that it is any better, yet it is 3 times as expensive. Pay your premium price, believe you are better than everyone else, and eat food that is about the same as nonorganic food. Remember Air, water, etc. knows no "organic" boundary and seeps throughout the world.

It's not that I don't want to pay the premium price...I am a physician and make $100,000+ per year. I can afford any food. I did the scientific research and realized that the only difference in health between regular food and "organic" is that organic growers get 3 times as much money.

Look at it this way... ORGANIC sounds like pure clean, and healthy. YET with all of the pollution, etc. around, Organic is just a name. people live healthy lives eating food that was grown with pesticides to kill pests, fungicides to kill fungus, etc. People who eat "organic" think that b/c they pay more that they avoid the chemicals. We live in a chemical-saturated world. I see organic foods packaged in PET wrap packaging, or sitting on a shelf beside chemical-grown foods being spritzed with the same water....it is a scam! there is NO scientific evidence that it is any better, yet it is 3 times as expensive. Pay your premium price, believe you are better than everyone else, and eat food that is about the same as nonorganic food. Remember Air, water, etc. knows no "organic" boundary and seeps throughout the world.

It's not that I don't want to pay the premium price...I am a physician and make $100,000+ per year. I can afford any food. I did the scientific research and realized that the only difference in health between regular food and "organic" is that organic growers get 3 times as much money.
People have various reasons to buy what they want with their money. You come across as combative and condescending.

It's not that I don't want to pay the premium price...I am a physician and make $100,000+ per year. I can afford any food. I did the scientific research and realized that the only difference in health between regular food and "organic" is that organic growers get 3 times as much moP

I'm not condescending nor combative. I scrub up in prep for the operating room. I put on sterile scrubs, masks, and gloves. My O.R. is 99.9% sterile. This prevents infection.
A person who assumes that their eggs are "organic" based on lackluster preventative measures that ignore the other pathogens, toxins, etc.in their environment are deluding themselves into believing that they are eating "better" than everyone else. Meanwhile, the toxins, pathogens, chemicals and nuclear wastes that circle the earth mock the belief that they are eating "healthy". Go ahead and think you are better than everyone else... You are like the people who walk into an O.R. with a sick patient and have on a sterile gown but no sterile mask, gloves, or cap. Yeah, you can "say" you are better, but are forgetting the rest of the pathogens.
People who buy organic think they are better, LOL. You proved my point about the organic naysayers need to bash organic. Your opinion.

…. You are like the people who walk into an O.R. with a sick patient and have on a sterile gown but no sterile mask, gloves, or cap.
The evidence for masks in the OR is not so irrefutable either.
https://pubs.asahq.org/anesthesiolo...s-Routine-Use-of-a-Face-Mask-Necessary-in-the
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4480558/

I think ‘organic enough’ would be a splendid label. It sums up my own approach perfectly. I like to support growers who are at least trying, but am under no illusions when it comes to the stuff that isn’t controllable.
I buy local over organic, and often, but not always, buy organic if local is not available.

I deleted my last post. It was too harsh and confronting. RoyalChick had a good idea "organic enough" but I like the label "responsibly grown" It means I'm weighing every decision based on how it will affect people, insects, and my environment. If you think your outrageously priced 'organic' foods/feeds are perfect, pay the money but remember the Fukushima radiation that made its way into Tuna caught of the west coast. That tuna was processed with all of the rest and some made its way into animal feed...organic animal feed. It was also found in rainwater in Pennsylvania (my state) at 30 times higher than acceptable standards but the government said that it was "still below dangerous levels". Where did that rain go? It fell on the organic (and inorganic) farms and fed the crops. (and if your chickens are like mine, the chickens who manage to choose drinking out of a puddle over their water dish).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom