Best cost-efficient organic/non-crumble/non-pellet chicken feed?

Yes, I'm in GA. Northeast of ATL in Jackson County. I think there are a few feed stores that have Nature Crest (Tucker Milling) . . . are you using the pellet or the scratch or both?

I have been enjoying fermenting - - - I don't think I'll worry about it when I am out of town and have someone checking on them, but its fun for now, they seem to like it, and it is really cutting down on their waste.

I think I have found a couple New Country Organics outlets around here so I may try that too - - - I have decided Scratch & Peck is so expensive here because of shipping cross country - seems these other two are made closer (VA and AL).
I'm in Forsyth county. I use both scratch and pellet! Scratch and peck is very overpriced, I think.

I'm in the FL Panhandle, and use a locally milled feed from just across the AL border, maybe 45 min from my home. HMC Feeds - Harrell Milling Corp. Unfortunately, they aren't distributed far. I also use a local mom & pop feed store, one of their largest distributors in the area, where I can buy feed cheaper than directly at the mill, and I buy bags at least 10 at a time, for the bulk discount there. Because I feed over 500#/mo between the poultry, the goats, and the rabbits.

As to the rest? Thanks for the compliments, but I've just done a bit of reading and often remember where to find things when I need to link them for the community. What reputation I may have developed likely overstates my qualifications.

I've also used Turner Milling, who is aimed more for the non-GMO, no corn, no soy folks - a little more expensive, but still cheaper than Purina or Nutrena at TSC, Rural King, etc. I wasn't as pleased with them, but its still good feed, just not great feed.
Hey there! I am in the FL panhandle too! Which area are you close to? I would love to check this feed out. I am feeding scratch and peck right now, but would love a cheaper alternative. Thank you so much!! ❤️

FedEx is bringing me some of this to try out on Sunday:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/natures-best-organic-all-flock-crumbles-40-lb-4bm0290c

But, it's a crumble. I'm hoping they don't make a mess of it.
Feed1.png

Hey there! I am in the FL panhandle too! Which area are you close to? I would love to check this feed out. I am feeding scratch and peck right now, but would love a cheaper alternative. Thank you so much!! ❤️
I'm North of I-10, spitting distance from AL, and roughly halfway between Talahassee and Pensacola in terms of East/West. That's a specific as I choose to be.

I get my feed at Fuller's Grodery, up the road a bit, in Darlington. I know other locations carry the HMC feeds, but I've not found one that can compare w/ Fuller's prices. Bay cash, buy 10 bags at a time (if they won't go bad on you) for the discount.

https://www.mapquest.com/us/florida/fullers-grocery-4126333

I'm North of I-10, spitting distance from AL, and roughly halfway between Talahassee and Pensacola in terms of East/West. That's a specific as I choose to be.

I get my feed at Fuller's Grodery, up the road a bit, in Darlington. I know other locations carry the HMC feeds, but I've not found one that can compare w/ Fuller's prices. Bay cash, buy 10 bags at a time (if they won't go bad on you) for the discount.

https://www.mapquest.com/us/florida/fullers-grocery-4126333
Thank you! We recently moved here, so I had to look up Darlington. Looks like we may be about half an hour away from there. I just ordered from azure, and did a pick up. But may look into those prices too! Thank you!

Thank you! We recently moved here, so I had to look up Darlington. Looks like we may be about half an hour away from there. I just ordered from azure, and did a pick up. But may look into those prices too! Thank you!
If you are half hour from Darlington, its worth the drive. However, they don't carry Organic, or no Soy recipes. For that, you are looking for Tucker Milling (who has non-GMO, but not necessarily organic feeds in their NatureCrest line. Tri-Co Hardware and Farm supply.
21829 US-331, Laurel Hill, FL 32567 - (850) 834-2402.

https://tuckermilling.com/product-items/naturecrest-chick-starter-grower/?portfolioCats=93
Last I bought the product above, It was about $18.40 / 50# bag (last fall), there at Tri-CO

If you are half hour from Darlington, its worth the drive. However, they don't carry Organic, or no Soy recipes. For that, you are looking for Tucker Milling (who has non-GMO, but not necessarily organic feeds in their NatureCrest line. Tri-Co Hardware and Farm supply.
21829 US-331, Laurel Hill, FL 32567 - (850) 834-2402.

https://tuckermilling.com/product-items/naturecrest-chick-starter-grower/?portfolioCats=93
Last I bought the product above, It was about $18.40 / 50# bag (last fall), there at Tri-CO
Thank you!!! We will see how this new kind works out. I love the idea of it being organic and from a smaller company. ❤️ I also read about the methionine that you shared, and it seems to fit the bill! 🙌 The reviews said egg production picked up and their girls loved it. But I will absolutely keep this in mind for the future. I appreciate your help so much! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom