Is Emmylou a Legbar?

hkeibard

Songster
Oct 13, 2020
Jacksonville, FL
Hi Everyone,

I have one more chick mystery still remaining from my 8 chick flock that arrived about 5 1/2 weeks ago. Emmylou will be 6 weeks young on Monday. She was one of two "rare mixed" I got from Meyer. The other was a partridge cochin which y'all already helped me with, thank you.

As a chick she looked very chipmunk like and at times I thought she was another welsummer until I saw silver/grey feathering coming out so I lumped her in with the gold wynadottes I received thinking maybe she was silver. But nope. I soon realized from photos that she definitely didn't have a silver laced (sharp?) coloring. Then she went and grew a feather crown. Is she a type of legbar? She's becoming quite the knockout whatever she is.

Attachments

• Emmylou 12-3-20.jpg
    Emmylou 12-3-20.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 17
Yep, cream legbar pullet
Thanks. Pricey bird per regular purchase through Meyer. Breed seems to be a bundle of contradictions from what I read. I really like her though. She's independent for sure, but takes to me handling her just fine, though I expect it will always be on her terms only. She can elude capture easily. Quirky little thing.

Thanks. Pricey bird per regular purchase through Meyer. Breed seems to be a bundle of contradictions from what I read. I really like her though. She's independent for sure, but takes to me handling her just fine, though I expect it will always be on her terms only. She can elude capture easily. Quirky little thing.
I have no personal experience with Legbars, but I assume she will mellow with age, like most breeds. Plus you'll get those lovely blue eggs!

Back
Top Bottom