Is everyone sold out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

songbird

Songster
14 Years
Feb 16, 2009
New England
Thank you for posting in the BST section of the forum. Since the title is not in the correct format, this thread is being closed. Please review the guidelines for posting here https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=131951 and feel free to start a new post in the correct format. As always, you are welcome to contact a moderator with any questions and we'll be happy to assist you.

Hi friends,
I'm a newbie and after doing all of my research, was finally ready to order our chickies. When I went to the websites of the hatcheries to place my order, it turns out everything I wanted is unavailable or out of stock!! How frustrating! I feel like something is telling me I shouldn't be getting into this!
What happens now? Do I have to resort to whatever the local farmers co-op carries in a month or two, when their chicks arrive? Do I wait until next year to get the breeds I want?
Thanks!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if they are sold out you may be able to find what you want on here - many of the members are willing to incubate if you can't and some may be close to you. I am sure that you would be quite pleased with the resuts!!!!

Post what your looking for and someone will have it sooner or later.
smile.png

It's early in the season too, actually Meyers and MyPet Chicken don't have any options available on-line for the season yet. You might call the hatchery you are interested in. But also, there are wonderful people on here that would be happy to work with you.
What breeds are you looking at?
Where are you located? Might help to put that in your profile
smile.png

I call to place an order for my son for ducks with someone today and we were talking about 4h and showing birds ect... and what breeds they had and why they no longer had geese for sale. She was telling me that her Buffs are already sold out for a long while because so many people placed early orders. I told her that was great for them... I am so glad I got mine last year and they are now laying and I am hatching my own out. I think a good many people are thinking ahead about the what ifs...

I just bought my chicks last Fri night (about an hour before they closed) at a local feed store. They got the shipment that day, about 100 layer chicks were in the pens when I picked mine out. The next morning I returned to get some medicine to help the chicks since one was pecking the others (which stopped two days later thank goodness) and the layers were all gone. And this was at an urban feed store that sells probably more dog food and bird seed than everything else.

But if you look at seed companies and canning companies they're doing very well right now and many are having problems keeping up with there orders.

Personally I think a lot of people are returning to the idea of the freedom garden in the face of this economic crisis. I know I've increased my garden space and added a few trees in the last few weeks. It's all stuff I've been planning to do anyway, but I'll admit that with everything going on put a little more urgency into my planning and acting.

As far as me and the chickens I've wanted them for awhile, but only recently learned that the city lets me have some. Had I know I'd have had em years ago.

i agree with everyone going more home grown with everything. it is hard to find chickens at all around this place. our feedstore sells out about as soon as they get chicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom