Is FancyPants the Golden Laced (mix) a Rooster?

Bearjing

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 24, 2009
Hi, I've been lurking for a while, but this is my first post.

This is Fancy Pants. He/She is some sort of Golden Laced Wyandotte mix (guess by me, a total novice....).

I've had he - she about a month, and other than the fact that she's the largest of all our flock, and has grown during the time we've had her, I am unable to spot any of the sex signs! No crowing, no curtsies, no mating dances.... and I haven't caught 'er in the laying box (although we have gotten a few small suspicious brown eggs from an unknown source.) I'm really new to this - I have no idea what to look for in the feathers, and our hens have waddles and crowns that range from barely there to Oh My!!, so I'm at a loss.

Anyway, I'm dying to know... He-she is so sweet, I love this chicken! And boy or girl, I'm pretty sure he-she's got a place in the flock.... I just would really like to know!
FancyPantsHead.JPG

FancyPantsFullLeft.JPG

FancyPantsFluffButt.JPG

FancyPantsNeck.JPG

Thanks Ang!

Well I'm sure HE will make a good one! I wonder when I'll finally hear him crow!

Ooo what a pretty rooster! I think the pointed feather on his neck and shoulders give him away as a rooster, even if his comb and wattles didn't.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom