Is Fluoridated and Chlorinated Water Safe for Ducklings?

Eden Star

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2022
My Muscovy ducklings hatched over a week ago and they’re starting to bathe in their water bowl. I’ve been giving them bottled water but I’m wondering since I now live in town and am on chlorinated and fluoridated water if it’s safe for them to swim in and drink as they get older? I never had this problem when I living on a farm and I don’t want to risk their health. Thanks

I don't know how your going to prevent them from drinking the water once you move them outside. It would be way to costly to use bottled water for them to bathe and swim in. while inside you could continue to use bottled water though. I would have a filter put on my house if I lived in town I'm pretty sure they make them that remove chlorine and other harmful chemicals.

My Muscovy ducklings hatched over a week ago and they’re starting to bathe in their water bowl. I’ve been giving them bottled water but I’m wondering since I now live in town and am on chlorinated and fluoridated water if it’s safe for them to swim in and drink as they get older? I never had this problem when I living on a farm and I don’t want to risk their health. Thanks
Personally I disliked giving my ducklings tap water, for that reason. Where I live the tap water isnt the best, but it's also not the worst. I figured if babies cant have tap water, and my fish can't have tap water, I didn't want my ducklings to have it either.
I gave them cooled boiled water for drinking for the first week, then I used tap water from there, and they were fine!

Back
Top Bottom