Is he a Rooster?

1 Critter Camp

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 26, 2013
Kentuckky
This is a sizzle... I have two, I thought this one was a hen but now I think it is a rooster. Can anyone tell by these pictures? Not the greatest pictures!

Roo? Made better pictures today.

I have a sizzle that I think is a rooster. And one that I am unsure.
Here is the rooster, I think!!!

Here's the other sizzle that might be a rooster...

They stay together all of the time, they are best buddies! I am worried cause if they are not both roosters, I could have frazzled chicks! I have only seen one of them try to mate and that was the rooster.

I hatched them about 6 months ago.
Thank you for your input/insight!

they both look pretty henny to me. If you breed them breed them to a smooth bird, frizzleXfrizzle will produce some chicks with 2 frizzle genes(around here its called a curly/baldy) which makes for very brittle feathers and therefor a bird with always ragged looking plumage(unless right after a molt, only time they seem to look good). They end up being almost bald most of the year.

Both look like pullets

Do not breed a frizzle to a frizzle! The birds look miserable. Some people that have them (they got them from an irresponsible breeder), say that they act like they are in pain whenever you touch them. They can not take hot or cold weather. Some people keep them in there house, because they would die in the weather.

I can't believe this is not a rooster...
barnie.gif
it is the one running around chasing everything and pulling feathers out of the head of my polish which I have now relocated to another pen.
It is also the one the attacked a new rooster that I tried to introduce. Don't worry, I won't breed a sizzle and sizzle! If you are right, I have two hens and that won't happen anyway. I have silkie eggs in the incubator right now so maybe I'll have a rooster for my hens.
I need to research how to tell the difference between male and female silkies!
idunno.gif
Thanks for everyone's information!

LL

Last edited:
I'm going to let my two sizzle hens out with my silkie rooster and hopefully they won't fight
I've kept them apart cause I thought I had roosters
I have a lot to learn lol

Back
Top Bottom