Is her umbillicus okay?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovelyducklings, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    It's NOT curled toes that the problem Please send me a pic of her belly button... Keep her away from water for right now..

2. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    You've had a hard hatching on this one..WOW. Good for you to get what you have already...

3. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Looks like her shell sliced opened her beak, she needs a LOT of cleaning around the beak, nostrils and Head.

4. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    She's got very very sleeping eyes, she is not up for this. LOL poor little fellow..

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

I think I'd put this lil one in it's own lil brooder inside the brooder to keep it from being trampled plastic clear shoe boxes help with things like this. This one may not make it but it is sure worth giving it your all to try.

How does it Belly look?

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

@lovelyducklings All the rest look very lively which is another reason I'd give this lil one struggling to live right now it's own lil brooder inside the brooder. What do you think @Lacrystol
    I see their food what kind of waterer are you using. The need water along with their food.

7. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Well I'm thinking it needs to be separated too, shoe box is good but he's going to need good flooring, If we can see the belly button, my guess is he's got an infection. I wonder if he's pooping at all.. with him struggling like that, I doubt it if he wants to eat or drinking right now. I would be scared of him drowning.. he could use a good cleaning and some idoxine or blue kote and kept warm he may recover... if we can get some antibotics in him that may help but really would need to see what that belly button looks like before doing anything..

8. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    If the one pic is his shell, all swooshed, I would say some damage internally has been done. it doesn't look like he's tried to zip out of there looks more like dropped or something stepped on it.

the thing that gives it away is all the blood around the cracked shell.. almost like a couple of blood vessels broke, could be the reason why he's struggling now.

9. lovelyducklings

lovelyducklings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2015
    Florida
    @Lacrystol my dad had the incubator and he just told me that he did drop this egg while looking at him [​IMG]

10. lovelyducklings

lovelyducklings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2015
    Florida
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by