Is her umbillicus okay?

@Miss Lydia yes he's by himself, he seems happier that he can catch up on some sleep without being trampled
smile.png
I am relieved to hear that. I hope it helps. Have you thought of hobbling his legs so he can keep them under him? I believe it's on the Poultry Pedia link I gave you where you can take a bandaide and bring their legs to normal position so they get use to them being there I am pretty sure it only takes a couple days of hobbling for it to straighten out. When did this duckling hatch? Just wondering if you could try it on a tiny bit of water with some vitamins mixed in to help get some strength into it.

I'll try that :) I think he's gaining a bit more strength since he's been alone and able to rest well. and he hatched this morning at 5:00am (it's 7:22pm now)

I'll try that
smile.png
I think he's gaining a bit more strength since he's been alone and able to rest well. and he hatched this morning at 5:00am (it's 7:22pm now)

That's right I Had forgotten. Be sure to read direction before hobbling. I'd try offering the ducklings some [tiny bit warm] water with vits tomorrow with a dropper or needle less syringe. if you drip it right along the bill where the top and bottom meet he'll probably open it's mouth just offer a small amount to start till it's able to hold it's head up and drink on it's own. The piece of bill missing is where it's nare is on the one side? forgot to add that is good news it's gaining a bit more strength.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom