12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Ok here are some more pics of the mystery quail..lol

5429_2008_0923coturnix0002.jpg

5429_2008_0923coturnix0003.jpg

5429_2008_0923coturnix0005.jpg

Last edited:
That's one vote so far on the Coturnix..make that 2 because i think it's a Coturnix as well
smile.png

Coturnix - 3

Bobwhite - 0

Last edited:
The beak is definitely coturnix... you must have gotten a throwback, Mark! I don't have any of these... give it back!

j/k
lol.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

The beak is definitely coturnix... you must have gotten a throwback, Mark! I don't have any of these... give it back!

j/k
lol.png

hahaha how odd is that.. and i know you prolly wanted some white coturnixs to??

this could have been your flock starter​

Grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble ...

lol.png
No, that's ok. I have Jumbos from Sam now, and I really like the goldens better than the whites.
smile.png
I like that patch of brown, though... character!
smile.png

LOL are you very very very very very very very sure????

She is so cute though.. when i take her out the brooder she creeps around making her little sounds and she never fly's i guess doesn't like to because the other coturnix if i take them out the brooder it's fly here and fly there and screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam! Lol

If only you knew witch coturnix hen laid that egg LOL

Last edited:
It is funny that you say that, because I have NEVER caught one of the quail laying an egg. Not the Buttons, not the coturnix, not the Bobwhites. The closest I've come is picking up a warm egg, but unless I put each hen in her own cage, I'll never know.
lol.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

It is funny that you say that, because I have NEVER caught one of the quail laying an egg. Not the Buttons, not the coturnix, not the Bobwhites. The closest I've come is picking up a warm egg, but unless I put each hen in her own cage, I'll never know.
lol.png

Lol yea it's funny how quails lay there eggs so fast but chickens it takes them a few minutes to first find the box they want then stand in the nest for a few seconds then set down then wait about 10 or 15mins then lay Lol

i haven't caught my button hens lay yet either ..they do it to fast for me to catch them​

Back
Top Bottom