Is it a rooster? Pics included!!!

leandrahuff

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 5, 2014

So about four months ago we got 6 baby chicks. Now their feathers are in and personalities are out!! But there is one.... Coincidentally, we named her Rodrigo when we got her and lately her antics are pushing me to believe it was a fitting name!!

We had them inside the house in our sunroom up until about a week ago, but now they are outside in a coop. Rodrigo is the first to come out each morning and when he does he gives a half crow. None of the others do this. His comb is a little more red than the other of his breed who I'm sure is a female, but he is smaller than her with a slightly thinner neck. So what do you think? Rodrigo or Rodriga?

Really.... Is it that obvious? Lol. Here's another pic of him next to a female. Maybe it will tell you for sure?

OK now you guys have me wondering about my other ones!! Here are pictures of all of them. Any advice as to which are or could be roos would be greatly appreciated
1f60d.png

So about four months ago we got 6 baby chicks. Now their feathers are in and personalities are out!! But there is one.... Coincidentally, we named her Rodrigo when we got her and lately her antics are pushing me to believe it was a fitting name!!

We had them inside the house in our sunroom up until about a week ago, but now they are outside in a coop. Rodrigo is the first to come out each morning and when he does he gives a half crow. None of the others do this. His comb is a little more red than the other of his breed who I'm sure is a female, but he is smaller than her with a slightly thinner neck. So what do you think? Rodrigo or Rodriga?
I do not think he is a rooster. You should hear him crowing by this age. Does 'it' crow? Does 'it' breed other hens? Does 'it' strut?

Back
Top Bottom