Is it Bad OR Am I Crazy?!?!(PICS)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hollymh, Apr 12, 2009.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I have an egg on day 14, egg "F", I'm attached to it, it was the first one to have a noticible embryo! Any how, today it's much different, I can see movement(I think, maybe my imagination) but it looks like it's,well I don't know how to describe it... It looks like a blood spot, the air sac was weird to start with but I just don't want to cull it... So, should I cull it or wait, and if I do wait will it start to smell prior to weeping or exploding? I need the push over the egde here, I don't know what to do about it!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'd wait till day 18.

I'm a believer in only candling once or twice. Day 8, Day 18 if you have to for the iffys.

3. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    I agree, when in doubt wait a day or two and recandle.

4. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Here are some pics of the questionable egg... It looks a lil different in person, but you get the idea...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:Normally I would, but as you can see above this egg is just werid, it's like nothing I have ever seen! I'm at a loss, becuase I will be devestated if it contaminates my other eggs

6. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Anyone have any idea? I want it out of my bator if it's bad [​IMG]

7. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    I would give it more time and see what happens. Day 14 is still early. Good luck!

8. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Well, I checked baby "F" today and I could see blood smears throughout the egg so I did a break-out analysis and he was dead perfectly formed and all... All other 5 babies are ok though, so wish me luck [​IMG]

9. michiganlarry

michiganlarry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Marine City, Michigan
    Being a first timer I wanted to know if eggs will weep or anything before they explode. I have these visions of rotten egg all over the carpet in the basement.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by