Is it blue laced silver or violet laced?

Here is my first Blue Laced Silver Wyandotte..... it is 8 weeks old.
A lovely Blue Wyandotte hen covered by my SL Wyandotte roo.
Will be anxious to see how the color looks after the first molt.

Your beautiful girl makes me want to get a SLW roo for my Blue hens!!! She's gorgeous
love.gif
. Did you get many like her from that breeding?

Here is my first Blue Laced Silver Wyandotte..... it is 8 weeks old.
A lovely Blue Wyandotte hen covered by my SL Wyandotte roo.
Will be anxious to see how the color looks after the first molt.

Most people call it Lilac Laced or something similar.

Just remember, work on type. Type first, THEN color. You want a Lilac Laced Wyandotte, not random chicken.

I started with Wyandottes of a good shape. I will try and post some pictures. I am currently working on my F2's and then I will be breeding them back to Silver Laced to work on any type that I have lost. I had HUGE fertility issues when I started.

F1's

Just as a little tip - Try and breed any pinched/narrow tails out. I don't mean to pick, but the hen on the right looks to have a pinched tail. You want something which the rear is rather open and well spanned. It could very well just be the photo too though, just mentioning in case. I've seen a lot of BLRW with rather narrow tails and backends.

My old hatchery SLW's had the pinched tails but my Blue & Black girls seem to have good(if not very good) tails. My blues are better by leaps & bounds than my other Wyandottes and i think it's because there's so much interest in the color, people pay more attention to getting them right.

I will look tomorrow and see if it the picture or the hen. Thanks for mentioning it. I need all the help I can get, and willing to listen and learn!

Illia, thank you for the tips.
Bleenie, This was my first to hatch. I ended up doing some AI because the hen has a very fluffy bottom.
Tazcat..would love to see photos.

Trying to copy pictures from my profile album....
Here is my Blue Wyandotte hen

And here is the rooster

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom