friends who can send me pictures of this hybrids? (Brahma,Orpington, Wyandotte)

Rare

Songster
Jun 8, 2023
Light Brahma x Orpington
Orpington x Silver Laced Wyandotte
Silver Laced Wyandotte x Light Brahma
I want to see your own pictures ❤️

Sorry it's been a week and nobody has these breeds or has pictures or saw your post. I guess you could try the three combos in Google and see what you find out. Good luck!!

Light Brahma x Orpington
Orpington x Silver Laced Wyandotte
Silver Laced Wyandotte x Light Brahma
I want to see your own pictures ❤️
What color Orpington?

I don't have photos, but I can predict some of the results.

Brahma-mixes will have feathered feet. Mixes of two clean-footed parents will produce clean-footed chicks (at least mostly. It is possible for a few small feathers to appear on the feet of chicks that have clean-footed parents, but that is not too common.)

Brahma x Orpington will have combs that look like a bigger, messier version of a Brahma's pea comb.
Orpington x Wyandotte should have rose comb, but might have single comb (some Wyandottes carry the gene for not-rose comb, which means they can produce some chicks with single combs.)
Orpington x Wyandotte should walnut combs (a bit like what a Silkie has, except that Silkies' combs are black and your crosses would have red combs.) Or if the Wyandotte has the not-rose comb gene, chicks can have the same kind of pea comb that the Brahma/Orpington mixes do.

Foot color should be white for the Orpington mixes, yellow for the Wyandotte x Brahma chicks.

Silver Laced Wyandotte x Light Brahma should produce silver chicks with some kind of black patterning, probably in-between the Laced pattern of the Wyandotte and the Columbian pattern of the Light Brahma.

I can't predict color for the Orpington-mixes until I know what color Orpington. Depending on what color Orpington, it may also matter whether it is the rooster or the hen in the cross.

For the traits I've predicted so far, it does not matter which parent is which breed. There are only a few important chicken genes that are sex-linked, and they don't affect the mixes you are asking about (except maybe feather color for the Orpington-mixes.)

What color Orpington?

I don't have photos, but I can predict some of the results.

Brahma-mixes will have feathered feet. Mixes of two clean-footed parents will produce clean-footed chicks (at least mostly. It is possible for a few small feathers to appear on the feet of chicks that have clean-footed parents, but that is not too common.)

Brahma x Orpington will have combs that look like a bigger, messier version of a Brahma's pea comb.
Orpington x Wyandotte should have rose comb, but might have single comb (some Wyandottes carry the gene for not-rose comb, which means they can produce some chicks with single combs.)
Orpington x Wyandotte should walnut combs (a bit like what a Silkie has, except that Silkies' combs are black and your crosses would have red combs.) Or if the Wyandotte has the not-rose comb gene, chicks can have the same kind of pea comb that the Brahma/Orpington mixes do.

Foot color should be white for the Orpington mixes, yellow for the Wyandotte x Brahma chicks.

Silver Laced Wyandotte x Light Brahma should produce silver chicks with some kind of black patterning, probably in-between the Laced pattern of the Wyandotte and the Columbian pattern of the Light Brahma.

I can't predict color for the Orpington-mixes until I know what color Orpington. Depending on what color Orpington, it may also matter whether it is the rooster or the hen in the cross.

For the traits I've predicted so far, it does not matter which parent is which breed. There are only a few important chicken genes that are sex-linked, and they don't affect the mixes you are asking about (except maybe feather color for the Orpington-mixes.)
Orpington is buff

Orpington is buff
In that case:

Buff Orpington rooster x Light Brahma hen
Buff Orpington rooster x Silver Laced Wyandotte hen
Chicks from both crosses will be sexlinks. Daughters will show buff or gold, sons will show silver (basically white, but can look a bit yellowish as they grow up, and may have leakage of buff/gold/red by the time they mature). Chicks will probably show some amount of black as well, like a reduced or messy version of their mother's pattern of black, but there is a chance the black may be replaced with white (the Buff Orpington might have a gene that does that, or might not.)

Light Brahma rooster x Buff Orpington hen
Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster x Buff Orpington hen
All chicks from these crosses will be silver, with various amounts of black. The silver will be mostly white, but could look yellowish as they grow up, and they may develop leakage of buff/gold/red. Chicks will probably show some amount of black, like a reduced or messy version of their father's pattern of black, but there is a chance the black may be replaced with white (the Buff Orpington might have a gene that does that, or might not.)

In that case:

Buff Orpington rooster x Light Brahma hen
Buff Orpington rooster x Silver Laced Wyandotte hen
Chicks from both crosses will be sexlinks. Daughters will show buff or gold, sons will show silver (basically white, but can look a bit yellowish as they grow up, and may have leakage of buff/gold/red by the time they mature). Chicks will probably show some amount of black as well, like a reduced or messy version of their mother's pattern of black, but there is a chance the black may be replaced with white (the Buff Orpington might have a gene that does that, or might not.)

Light Brahma rooster x Buff Orpington hen
Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster x Buff Orpington hen
All chicks from these crosses will be silver, with various amounts of black. The silver will be mostly white, but could look yellowish as they grow up, and they may develop leakage of buff/gold/red. Chicks will probably show some amount of black, like a reduced or messy version of their father's pattern of black, but there is a chance the black may be replaced with white (the Buff Orpington might have a gene that does that, or might not.)
What is sexlink?

What is sexlink?
Sexlink in this case means the males are one color and the females are a different color, so you can tell them apart from the time they hatch, instead of having to raise them up for weeks or months before you can tell.

There are a few other kinds of sexlinks, based on having the colors in different places on their bodies, or growing feathers at different speeds, or having different color feet.

All sexlinks are based on males and females being genetically different (male chickens have sex chromosomes ZZ and females have ZW). Using genes that are located on the Z chromosome, with careful choosing of the male and female parents, you can have chicks that are sexable at hatch by something easy to see and recognize.

Back
Top Bottom