Is it considered appropriate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I suppose you could do what I do. There are people/members here that I seriously cannot stand. Yep, me, nice, usually helpful speckledhen has disdain for some people. I really dont like some of the members; in fact, I very much dislike them. I avoid their posts because they usually have nothing of value to say to me or anyone else, for that matter, IMO. Their outlook offends me, their manner offends me, their general attitude and writing style offends me. I just think they are pretty lousy people in general. And guess what? When I see a post started by them, I roll my eyes and skip over them. I dont need or much respect their brand of humor, politics, religious beliefs or lack thereof, so I avoid it in order to have a more pleasant day. Maybe you could do the same, huh? And for the record, I dont particularly like many of the avatars and sig lines, but hey, it's what you're allowed, so I pass over them. And you can do the same with mine. Just follow the rules here and be respectful of others, either by summoning up all the tact you can muster, or just dont "speak" to them. Pretty simple, really. I dont think this will become a big political debate forum; hasn't yet. And if it did, you wouldn't see me around here much. Just avoid the subject or the person in question.

Last edited:
Quote:
It's not a thread Katy
smile.png

Thank you for asking. It's a huge turn-off for me to see political/religious rants on this site. I'm here for the chickens.

Good idea to PM a mod if you see anything that is bothering you...

As far as terminology...
smile.png

"Message Board" is the terminology for what this particular part of BYC is called. Some people also use the word "forum."

A "forum" can also mean the individual areas (or rooms) for discussion types. "Me, My Chickens, My Family" would be an example of this.

A "thread" is a particular conversation within one of the individual areas.

"Threads" are made up of "posts."

Unfortunately, people get these terms mixed up all the time because they're new to the words, so it can be hard to tell which to use for what.
wink.png

Katy is correct, political threads usually get closed within a matter of days. While I don't think it's inappropriate to discuss politics, most people are here for the chicken talk. Discussing politics seems to bring out the worst in some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom