Is it fun to be in the snow and ice ?

TxChiknRanchers

Songster
12 Years
Aug 18, 2007
Southeast Texas
I'll bet that there are some out there that will think I'm crazy, but I sometimes wish we could get a little snow down here! I usually wear long pants out to do the chores but most of the time its to stave off the mosquitos and the "noseeums". Then by 12:00 we have the AC on. Would be nice to see a little white blanket on the ground now and then.
OH and sitting by a wood stove would be a novelty!
The only white Christmas I've ever seen was out of a pilot house window in Paducah, Kentucky when I was working for Christmas.

Last edited:
You're forgetting the cold (8 degrees F. this morning). It looks great from the inside but, going out to do the chores (several hours for me) is cold. As a child I loved winter but, now every winter is harder to adjust to.

Snow is fun as a kid, sledding, making snowmen and snowball fights. But as you get older it's not so fun, shoveling snow, sliding on the ice covered roads, trudging thru snow drifts to go feed the animals.

Athough I like to look at the fresh fallen snow, and sometimes when its freezing rain the trees glisten like glass.

So I guess it depends on what side of the window you are on.

i wish the same thing as tx cause i live in florida, by 10:eek:o its 77' out side by 5:00 is 80 ' ...
th.gif

and i have never seen snow
th.gif

Ice is not fun. It's dangerous no matter how you look at it. Hard to walk,drive..it takes down power lines and trees.......can cause alot of damage.

Snow on the other hand I absolutely adore. I am so excited today because we have a system moving in and are to pick up a minimum of 6 inches....maybe more depending on how it tracks.
yippiechickie.gif

It does get difficult when it gets cold, water freezes, cars don't like to start you have to bundle up to work outdoors but I love it.
love.gif

It's always kind of a bummer around here if we don't at least have some white for christmas....seems in recent years we get the cold but not too much snow.

I don't know what it would be like to run the AC at Christmas time......I think I'd feel like Alice in Wonderland poppin out of the rabbit hole....lol!

You could always send some of that heat this way and then you will be cold enough for it to snow so you can experience it.

They are calling for cold, wind, freezing rain, and snow today and into tomorrow! If they are right travel will be hazardous!
sad.png

Now I like the snow, and it is needed in this part of the country because it is a natural resourse to fill dams and whatnot. It is still fun to take the kids sledding, even I go with them sledding.

Ice on the otherhand is not fun to be on. It's very dangerous. I really don't care to drive in either, but have to when it's here. Not much of a chance, unless it's blizzarding.

Its fun to play in but not fun to have to do work in, or drive in or walk in LOL

I like it for about a month, but after Christmas I start to get sick of it really fast. The chickens definetly don't like it, mine won't even go outside right now. If it wasn't so windy they might.......the weather people are saying a storms a coming

In my opinion, there is nothing better than an early morning after a great snow. Everything is quiet....so pretty...and I sit by the wood sotve, get boots and gloves toasty, then head out to do the outside chores. Always seem to get them done faster in the winter...LOL....knowing there is a warm fire to come into! LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

I agree with you txchcknrancher, I love to have snow. I love to actually feel a difference in the seasons. I can say that because I know here in TX it won't last that long, just long enough to enjoy and then it goes away. It is so beautiful in the AM after a snow - I love that "snow silence". Gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom