Is it hot where you are? Recipe for Timmies style Iced Cap

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by denise70, Jul 10, 2011.

1. denise70

denise70 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Meaford, ON
    Just thought I would post a recipe for keeping cool. It is very' hot here (30c?) with no breeze or anything! I just took ice water to the ladies and gave them yogurt earlier.

If you are familiar with Tim Hortons (in Canada and some US states) you will know all about Iced Caps - here is my version:

Recipe for two Iced Caps
    2-6 rounded tsp of sugar
    1- 2 cups of milk (depends on how thick you like it - I used about 1 1/2 cups here, add more after blending if too thick or strong)

Blend ice cubes in blender until shaved (I pulse for awhile then blend for 10 seconds)
    Add rest of ingredients and blend for about 20 seconds. Pour into glasses and enjoy!

Sort of tutorial on my blog:
    http://denise70.blogspot.com/2011/07/trade-secrets-part-i.html

Sorry for the huge picture.

[​IMG]

2. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    :runs to check c to f conversion on google:

86 degrees farenheit!!!!! Here in a little bit it will be that at dawn in Georgia.
    You probably LOL when we complain about it being cold when it gets barely below freezing though.

3. Velvet Hairpiece

Velvet Hairpiece Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    That looks delicious!

And yeah, I wish it were 86 today! It's 97F right now, at 6pm, with the humidity making it feel 115! Needless to say I've barely gotten anything done outside that wasn't in the shade. I have only been outside for 15 minute increments, and consumed plenty of iced tea (sweetened for the southern Indiana girl in me!).

My little flock seems to be fine though, as their coop and run is under the shade of a big maple tree with only portions out in the full sun at any given time.

Thanks for the recipe, and stay cool out there! [​IMG]

4. denise70

Jun 15, 2010
    Meaford, ON
    You are probably right - here in Southern Ontario we get pretty extreme highs and lows compared to most places - including the rest of Canada.

Althought because I live right by a Great Lake, it usually is a little less hot here than in some of the cities, such as Toronto which is usually about 3-5 degrees hotter than we are!

5. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Ok now you made me want to try this [​IMG] although i may just get a ice cap supreme tonight (love them. Heck i love most Timmies "If it had 1% more caffine it would be medical caffine" icecaps)

6. BlackBart

BlackBart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    The high here today is supposed to be 99° and that looks wonderful!!!

8. ashleylancaster

ashleylancaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    ALABAMA
    Can U Use Brewed Coffee Instead Of The Instant?

9. denise70

Jun 15, 2010
    Meaford, ON
    I would think it would work well with espresso or some double strength coffee (like iced coffee). I haven't tried it but I was planning to. [​IMG]

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    That looks pretty darn yummy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by