Is it just me??? follow-up on locked threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

seedcorn

Songster
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
NE. IN
I've had some very interesting PM's from people when certain threads get locked (they have differing opinions than mine). I mean that in a VERY GOOD way. No insulting just free dialogue.

It's too bad that some people get on some of these threads just to lock them up so that free exchange of ideas won't happen so we can learn off of each. This is not a blast on MODS as they have to lock them when certain posters get to insults, etc.

It's the same as television. Instead of turning the channel,they petition to get it taken off the air.

with almost 20,000 members, some threads are destined for disaster....polital ones, religious ones, how to raise your kids ones, etc. I think people should use commom sense and keep these highly debatable topics out of a chicken forum so we can all stay friends and stay focussed on why we joined BYC in the first place
big_smile.png

Quote:
anything in the world can be debated and picked apart. some people LIVE for it regardless of the topic.

there have been topics that are nothing but chicken related, but because one person is upset that their 'opinion' isn't loved, or someone states the opposite etc, they just start arguing about their 'feelings' not the topic.

i find it's best just not to argue with them and let them stew. they are the only one getting upset.

I love a free exchange of ideas. I am offended when people try to get threads locked just because they don't agree or they don't want others to have a free exchange of ideas. I equate it to a child having a tantrum. Those people should stay out of it if it bothers them so much or be disciplined. Political threads on a chicken forum? So what! We are a community here bound together by our love of chickens. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to politely and respectful share our views on other topics.
smile.png

yes, in a perfect world that would be fantastic. The point Im making is that we are not in that perfect world and there are 20,000 different opinions on here and highly debatable topics are destined for failure because of all those opinions and personalities.

If everyone were laid back and could just talk about things civily (that's not how you spell it?) then we could have wonderful threads about all kinds of things that wouln't hurt someone elses feelings or make someone P.O.ed.

also, it is difficult sometimes to get your message across via a post and things can come across the wrong way...add that to a heated topic and...BOOM!

You can't keep particular problem starters out so then the only other alternative is to avoid it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom