Is It Just Me...? Not sure where to post this....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KsTornado11, Feb 19, 2009.

1. KsTornado11

KsTornado11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    I am from the Original BYC,and I just can't figure out which category my question falls under.[​IMG]
    I believe I joined here when it was first concieved of,when the Original BYC was a mad metropolis of poultry passion. We were a VERY active ,lively,close-knit group. I remember posting my first little group of mixed banties up for identification,asking my first questions about chick waterers, wondering what the heck to do about all the chicky POO when my giant collapsible Wading pool of chicks COLLAPSED while the family was away at the park & we returned to chicks ALLLL over the house!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Obviously,the chicken world seems to REALLLY have expanded since those few yars ago when I joined BYC. I am really happy to see all the new people that are involved in poultry now,& it really blows my mind,as well!
    But,I haveta admit,I SERIOUSLY miss some of the Old Faithfuls,
    such as Wes In Texas, Ederoo, OEBGMAN,BeckT, CaroleAM, Dlhunicorn, Spottedcrow,Amigo,JudyMcann,chooky,bobbiguyette,kritter11,Lydlo,BecT,SCstables,
    I know I am forgetting many.

If these guys are here,I'd love to say "HEY!!" to them, as I really miss the "OLD BYC DAZE".... & hope they are all doing well.

[​IMG]

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Hello...some of those names are familiar and post often or you can find them in chat.

Good to see you and hear about your fantastic collapsable pool stories...now that's excitment.

Sure they'll be summoned soon...oegbman and dlhunicorn are the 2 chatter boxes in the chat room at night. You'll see.

me,
    g

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hi KsTornado11!

We've seen this over the years. People and names come and go, but every once in a while people come back and we're glad to see them.

Some of the names you mentioned are still around and some I've not seen in a while.

We hope you'll be able to stick around and show them a great example.

Cheers!

4. KsTornado11

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    Quote:Hiya Nifty!
    I remember when YOU joined BYC,as well!
    Good to see ya!
    [​IMG]

Was just wondering about some ol' veteran Poultry Pals... they were the best of tha best,as you might say!! [​IMG]

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Welcome back, we have never "spoken"...but just wanted to say hello [​IMG]

6. Hello ! Thats a funny story , can't imagine chickens all over the house LOL
    Its nice to see somebody that was here since the beginning when it all started ! [​IMG]

7. KsTornado11

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    Hey English Chick & Fay !! [​IMG]
    Great to meet you! My best friend marriend an Englishman, name of Needham... and they live in Vegas, & I am very near the MO border,Fay! Let's hope we get some RAIN this spring. This is the first winter I EVER remember w/ no snow days. I worry what the spring & summer around here might bring.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  8. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Hey Hey Hey Sherry!! It's great to see you! I've noticed you posting a bit over on Homesteading Today! How are all of the kids??

9. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    Yeah I forgot about wes in texas... another one that I always remember was Kent from washington... I just loved his pics from the sites he would travel....

I fell of the map for a couple of years as I went to the site one day and poof... it was gone! [​IMG] But I finally found the new site....

10. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    KS; the majority that you mentioned are still hanging around here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by