Is it just me, or are Frizzles out of 'style?'

ChooksChick

BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist
15 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Larry, KS
My Coop
My Coop
I have never had to advertise frizzles before. I have banty Cochin frizzles, mainly.

People come looking for them. Until recently...

I had to go looking for someone to take my last pullet, and I shipped her far away. I've generally had people come get them before I could put them up for sale by shipment! Now I have a little roo on auction, $5!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=386759

He's not even had a comment after being up for 4 days! This has never happened before.

Is it just the banty Cochin frizzles, perhaps? I know the frizzled Seramas are getting dings, and I've seen frizzled Ameraucanas going.

Anyone else having weird issues with what sells and what doesn't?

It's all in fads. What comes and goes.

Marans are still somewhat big, but not as fantabulous as they once were. Same with the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. People are fickle...once something isn't "rare" anymore, they move on to the next thing.

I know around here people have never even HEARD of frizzles, let alone went looking to buy one. I think they're lovely though, and would have a whole flock if I could.
smile.png

It's just weird- I guess I never thought of them as a fad, and I've never experienced this kind of lull. I just LOVE the walking dust-mops!
love.gif

I think if i posted up that i was selling my frizzle cochin bantams here tehy would go like hot cakes, LOL
And babys too, the roosters not so much just becouse they are roosters.

Back
Top Bottom