Is it just me, or are Frizzles out of 'style?'

I think a lot of people have just fallen on hard times and just don't have the $ to spend on some of the more Pet chickens. I use to be able to sell chicks like crazy, people begging me for my breeders... now that I HAVE to sell some, no body's looking.....
sad.png

frizzles was the first breed we bought. Red ones because I ordered blues and the blues got lost in the mail so they conveniently substituted them with red. I don't know who was more disappointed, me or my 6 year old at the time. He told everyone he was getting "blue chickens" and no one believed him. But we had reds for many years, probably 6 before they all died off. Then I discovered silkies and other than my yardbirds running about that is really all I have. Now that my son is older and has lost interest, I pick the breed I want because I gotta take care of 'em. But we always had comments at the fairs about our frizzles.

Last edited:
Quote:
He's fabulous!! My friend has frizzled Seramas all over the place- they are stunning! I have 2 little one growing out from hatching. I just love frizzles of any kind!

I think it is more of a problem with our economy, not that frizzles are 'out of style'. People don't have as much money as they did a few months/years ago, so they are getting picky about what they want to spend it on.

Back
Top Bottom