Skinny hen

Bonnieboo

Songster
6 Years
Apr 2, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
My lovely Frizzle hardly eats anything.
At first she was being bullied but now a new pullet has changed the pecking order and the Frizzle is experiencing less bullying.
I give my girls scratch in the morning, which they love but Frizz only has a little then goes out to play.
I've tried isolating her to give her things like scrambled eggs, sardines or perhaps meal worms and she only has a little then might come back in ten minutes and have a little more but would never eat the majority of this food that the rest of the family always hoovers up. She lays, drinks, talks (especially if someone's laying in HER nest) and is a generally happy, normal chicken. She is just very thin. I sprinkle some meat meal on their laying pellets but she remains stubbornly thin.
Should I just accept that she is ok to be thin like some people or should I take some action to fatten her up?
Any help would be appreciated x

She lays, drinks, talks (especially if someone's laying in HER nest) and is a generally happy, normal chicken. She is just very thin. I sprinkle some meat meal on their laying pellets but she remains stubbornly thin.
Should I just accept that she is ok to be thin like some people or should I take some action to fatten her up?
For me, if they are active, laying, happy...I wouldn't worry too much nor take any other actions.

Back
Top Bottom