Is it just me?

Quote: This is what the reviews are saying as of November, last year. So I guess it might still be an issue, depending upon where I browse.

"The compatibility of Opera across the net takes a hit based on each site's browser sniffing. Much of the internet is outdated and "sniffs" for particular browsers in an attempt to format the site for the browser. Because these sites are outdated, they may still block Opera entirely."

That said, despite the sour grapes from Mozilla last fall, Opera is still the most secure browser, according to tech reports.

Last edited:
If you get site that wants "something else" you just have to change one line in the settings and it'll say it's that "something else" instead of opera. It's not a huge drama - but I've had no recent "raspberries" from any site I've visited.

If you get site that wants "something else" you just have to change one line in the settings and it'll say it's that "something else" instead of opera. It's not a huge drama - but I've had no recent "raspberries" from any site I've visited.
You're saying that Opera can be made to emulate a different browser? Like pretend it's FireFox, or IE?

You're saying that Opera can be made to emulate a different browser? Like pretend it's FireFox, or IE?
Well, that's what you used to do when you got the "OMG, don't recognise your browser!!" from some site. I haven't needed to see whether it's different now because I haven't had that happen.

Back
Top Bottom