Is it just me ?

milestoog

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 29, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I still enjoy finding eggs everyday. To me it is somewhat like finding treasure in my nest box a couple times every day. Woman says I am just silly. So I ask you all...... Is it just me ?

I get way excited every time!! It is so fun for us. I'm sorry for them
wink.png
wink.png

I'm with you on that. I love finding eggs. That is my prize at the end of the day after a long day at work. It's my stress reliever. It's my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It's my treat that my girls leave for me. I look forward to it every day.

Me too. I enjoy finding the eggs. And I think theres nothing more exciting than getting the first egg from a young hen! I remember the first egg I found! it was like a treasure. Its the reward you get from raising those chicks, feeding them and caring for them for months sometimes, and then one day you find an egg. HOORAY!!! THEY "WORK"!
wee.gif

I have 2 bantams, they are old...7? They were given to me by a friend that could no longer keep them. They have never laid eggs here and hadnt laid for a few months when they came here. I didnt expect eggs from them, knowing they came to my house to retire. A few days ago I went out to feed them, and found 2 little blue-green eggs on a bail of hay. It was very cold and they had frozen and cracked from the cold, but still I was so excited!!!! Just knowing they are capable of laying still in their retirement was enough to make my day.

Every day- Suprise!!!
ya.gif

I never know what size they'll be, what shade of brown, cream or if they'll have speckles..if some will have an odd shape, and even exactly how many! Its always exciting for me too. Maybe I'm a simpleton, but that's ok!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom