is it legal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would ask whomever is in charge of the park (or the city) if that's OK. To be honest, if you're absolutely sure that they're from domestic birds, I don't think they'll have a problem with it. In some states, they might even encourage you to do it, especially if they're muscovies. But, I would check with all wildlife/park authorities before doing anything.

I know its illegal to take wild bird eggs, feathers, individuals from their habitats in the wild.
And I know it's illegal (at least in AZ) to release domestic ducks or geese into parks and lakes.

But what about TAKING eggs from DOMESTIC birds living in parks and lakes?

Quote:
Well, actually, the park is desperately trying to get rid of the ducks and geese population over there, they attack park staff at times and stink up the water. The eggs are African goose eggs, so yes they are domestic.

Quote:
Well, actually, the park is desperately trying to get rid of the ducks and geese population over there, they attack park staff at times and stink up the water. The eggs are African goose eggs, so yes they are domestic.

If someone from the park says that they want them gone or that they don't care if you take the eggs, then I would think you could do so with no problem. I would probably want to do the same thing if I was able to raise geese at my home, too.

No not legal......few people in my city have been arrest for taking ducks and their eggs.....newpaper list them as duck nappers

Quote:
But I don't understand, its legal to own domestic waterfowl and eggs, people can give you domestic waterfowl or eggs (which is pretty much what the park is doing), but if I try to take DOMESTIC eggs from a lake (That doesn't even want them!) its illegal?

Here in Arizona there has been rapid duck and geese population growth in the past few years (especially in glendale/phoenix area. Feral ducks and geese are a menace to city parks and lakes because they make the water stink, disturb the park workers, and poop A LOT. The ducks or geese escape or are released into ponds and lakes which form populations of feral animals. If anything, they should be thanking me for helping out! African Geese are not migratory birds and they aren't protected by any special laws and are completely DOMESTIC. The ducks are a different story, since the feral ducks usually interbreed with wild ducks, I don't take any of those because those are protected by law. I was just wondering if I can take feral goose eggs from a park, I doubt its illegal.

I saw a whole flock of white pekings yesterday when i was fishing. I got a friend to take them home... It just aint natural to see white ducks with mallards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom