is it legal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Smart choice, some variations of mallards are already extinct because of breeding with feral birds. I remember one morning I saw a male and a female mallard hanging out with my ducks, I live in the desert-ish rural area of glendale
and they were pretty far from any body of water.

I saw a cross between what looked like a mallard and what looked like a Swedish duck. You'd be surprised what idiots will release.
hmm.png

if I try to take DOMESTIC eggs from a lake (That doesn't even want them!) its illegal?

Yes, it's called "stealing"

ASK permission and if they say yes, it will be legal​

Quote:

ASK permission and if they say yes, it will be legal

So if someone removed the ant infestation in your house you would call it stealing? Oh and BTW, feral means escaped/released domestic animals that have started a population in the wild, if a stray dog wanders on to your property, does that make it yours?

Quote:

ASK permission and if they say yes, it will be legal

So if someone removed the ant infestation in your house you would call it stealing? Oh and BTW, feral means escaped/released domestic animals that have started a population in the wild, if a stray dog wanders on to your property, does that make it yours?

Yes taking anything without permission , is stealing........those duck ,geese , belong to own the lake , be it a person,state, or city.

Like i said people have been arrest here for it..........ducknappers was funny to read that......

Quote:

Yes taking anything without permission , is stealing........those duck ,geese , belong to own the lake , be it a person,state, or city.

Like i said people have been arrest here for it..........ducknappers was funny to read that......

I don't need permission to take something that nobody owns...
The lake does not own these animals, as I have said before, they are desperately trying to get rid of them. They did not buy them. They didn't migrate there. They openly and publicly have made statements about the removal of the animals from all of Phoenix's parks. The canada geese and mallards are protected by law and the park and staff cannot do anything about it. They discourage feeding and the staff routinely go around catching the feral geese. The toulouse, african, chinese, and embden geese. And again, if a stray dog wanders on to your property, does that make it yours? If you really don't believe me, look up Encanto park geese.

Edit: No one has answered this for me yet! Are feral waterfowl protected under the same laws as wild waterfowl?

Last edited:
Quote:

The lake does not own these animals, as I have said before, they are desperately trying to get rid of them. They did not buy them. They didn't migrate there. They openly and publicly have made statements about the removal of the animals from all of Phoenix's parks. The canada geese and mallards are protected by law and the park and staff cannot do anything about it. They discourage feeding and the staff routinely go around catching the feral geese. The toulouse, african, chinese, and embden geese. And again, if a stray dog wanders on to your property, does that make it yours? If you really don't believe me, look up Encanto park geese.

Edit: No one has answered this for me yet! Are feral waterfowl protected under the same laws as wild waterfowl?

you might ask your local FWS they consider some "wild" animals feral as well you need to check it at a federal and state level fines have gone up in the last coupla years here we have wild pigs and the state allow me to trap hunt them year round no season no limit I cannot do this with Canadian geese even though they are a menace. Call your dnr and if you want the local FWS office number I can find it for you HTH

Quote:

you might ask your local FWS they consider some "wild" animals feral as well you need to check it at a federal and state level fines have gone up in the last coupla years here we have wild pigs and the state allow me to trap hunt them year round no season no limit I cannot do this with Canadian geese even though they are a menace. Call your dnr and if you want the local FWS office number I can find it for you HTH

Thanks, Ill try that.

One thing I really like about BYC is all the people that want to help and try to help. This does lead to problems though. When you ask a general question with little or no specifics you are going to get a wide a variety of answers. Someone in England trying to answer a question from someone in Nevada may not provide the right information. Someone in San Diego answering a question from someone in Chula Vista may not provide the right information.

Friends, try to give specifics in your questions. Also, the answer might be as close as your telephone book or Google. A good source of answers, especially for this thread, would be the local park department and state fish and game.

Quote:

No they are not protect by the same laws........but if they want to get rid of them...why not ask ? yes they belong to who ever owns the lake.

I don't understand why you don't want to get permission.......if someone comes on my land without permission to get anything...they are in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom