Is it normal?

Yes, you must get her some BABY CHICK crumbles immediately. I just realized from reading your OP that you have been offering her your adult chicken crumbles. That's the problem, she can't digest that. It does not have grit in it. That's why she's refusing it. How long have you had her?
4 weeks...

Ok, so you got her as a day-old then. Just an FYI, chickens are flock animals so need to be with their own kind, the more the merrier. Especially when very young like that, they need to huddle together for warmth and social comfort. Glad you're going to get her some companions! Maybe you'll post pics when you get them! I hope they all do well for you! 👍😊

Yes, you must get her some BABY CHICK crumbles immediately. I just realized from reading your OP that you have been offering her your adult chicken crumbles. That's the problem, she can't digest that. It does not have grit in it. That's why she's refusing it. How long have you had her?
I also have a bag of grits that I give to my chickens can she eat them? my brother got the baby chick crumbles today but they have not grits

She doesn't really need grit unless/until you feed anything other than the chick feed. There's grit in the feed. But if you feed any kind of treats, yes, they will need the baby grit.

Back
Top Bottom