Is it ok if my chicken crop is empty?

Pics

Marshmallow1234

Songster
Oct 25, 2020
Canada
In the morning I fed them corn grits, corn meal with oats and pumpkin seeds and some raw rice but they don’t rlly eat it because I see their crop is empty. I see them pecking the grass and occasionally going to my door and pecking it. Are they hungry? I don’t know what to do. But they were preening themselves and wagging tail a bit at the door

In the morning I fed them corn grits, corn meal with oats and pumpkin seeds and some raw rice but they don’t rlly eat it because I see their crop is empty. I see them pecking the grass and occasionally going to my door and pecking it. Are they hungry? I don’t know what to do. But they were preening themselves and wagging tail a bit at the door
It should be fine if their crops are empty, as long as they seem healthy. They'll eat when they're hungry. Can you feel around their chest to make sure that their crops are empty? Sometimes you can't tell. Are you only feeding them corn and seeds?

It should be fine if their crops are empty, as long as they seem healthy. They'll eat when they're hungry. Can you feel around their chest to make sure that their crops are empty? Sometimes you can't tell. Are you only feeding them corn and seeds?
I’m pretty sure it’s empty. I feed corn oats rice pumpkin seeds and some vegetables like cucumbers

Where do you live like do you live on an island because I do and I don't think they sell chicken food here either. But I would buy some food off the internet if you are sure they don't sell proper chicken food where you live.
No I live in Canada. And where on the internet I searched on Amazon, nothing showed

No I live in Canada. And where on the internet I searched on Amazon, nothing showed
Oh cool that you live in Canada its really pretty there. I think they sell some mealworms and corn mixed together on Petco. If you don't want to buy that than you can also mix some corn with radish and mealworms and other vegetables. I can make you a list of vegetables and other foods they can eat if you like.

Oh cool that you live in Canada its really pretty there. I think they sell some mealworms and corn mixed together on Petco. If you don't want to buy that than you can also mix some corn with radish and mealworms and other vegetables. I can make you a list of vegetables and other foods they can eat if you like.
Sure that will be great. I give them mealworms as treats but I don’t give them a lot because they won’t eat anything else other than worms. Would oats and rice mixed with corn work?

Back
Top Bottom