Is it ok if my chicken crop is empty?

Surely, there's places that sell real chicken feed in Canada?! Do you live out in the sticks in westeren canada? I have a hard time believing that it's not sold anywhere. Call a couple Co ops and vets that might have insight.
I hate to be that person, but perhaps you should find your chicken a new home since from all your threads, it seems that its hard for you to provide adequate care from where you live.
Your heart's in the right place but it doesn't appear that your situation will currently allow you keep a healthy, happy chicken.

Surely, there's places that sell real chicken feed in Canada?! Do you live out in the sticks in westeren canada? I have a hard time believing that it's not sold anywhere. Call a couple Co ops and vets that might have insight.
I hate to be that person, but perhaps you should find your chicken a new home since from all your threads, it seems that its hard for you to provide adequate care from where you live.
Your heart's in the right place but it doesn't appear that your situation will currently allow you keep a healthy, happy chicken.
They said earlier they found chicken food

I agree they need some type of chicken feed mix.....16% protein is good. I cook my rice and add yogurt and stale bread and chopped meat. About the only vegetables I don't give is potato as something about raw and tannins so I pass. Mine also like bananas in the blender with their hen pellet mix. They love it. Good luck looking for chicken feed. Keep trying. Even Wal-Mart here in Connecticut carries it now.

Sure that will be great. I give them mealworms as treats but I don’t give them a lot because they won’t eat anything else other than worms. Would oats and rice mixed with corn work?
I use a mix of oats, cracked corn and black-oiled sunflower seeds. (grit/oyster shells always available, of course) Works great. Also, feed them protein every day. Mix in a little DE in the summer, too, to prevent worms. Got the idea from "Becky's Homestead" (YouTube) So far, so good.

Back
Top Bottom