Is it ok to spank our roo?

I don't know how to apply the water thing to a rooster, they are so quick. Doing chores and in the close confines of the coop, a bottle or hose isn't going to be instant. Snatching the roo by the heels and dunking him in the horse water trough upside down a couple times, might work.

OK, ok, all you gigglers. Here's one of my sources:
http://www.plamondon.com/faq_roosters.htmlIt isn't about being all smoochy-smoo or coddling or petting. It isn't about being a submissive rooster or hen or a dominant rooster . It's about how to convince your rooster you AREN'T ANOTHER ROOSTER. Which, you know, makes sense. Of course, perhaps you folks are roosters after all?
wink.png

Newbie over and out.
smile.png

Last edited:
Chicken.Lytle :

Here is how to take care of an incorrigible rooster.

LMAO, That is AWESOME.
Seriously though, I re-homed my overly aggressive Roos in the freezer too. You lose enough skin and they are just not worth the trouble any more. And I am SO going to try that recipe. Thanks​

Quote:
Ditto. I stomp forward with my arms out from my sides (like a roo would do his wings) and loudly challenge him with "Brrraaaawkkkk" (that low growly noise they make at each other when they spar). I don't stop until I have the offending roo in full retreat for at least one lap around the chicken yard. My DH laughs his behind off every time I do this, but it has worked with every roo I've had a problem with. I've had a couple I had to repeat this with quite a few times, but eventually they all understand that I'm "top roo."

Quote:
Ditto. I stomp forward with my arms out from my sides (like a roo would do his wings) and loudly challenge him with "Brrraaaawkkkk" (that low growly noise they make at each other when they spar). I don't stop until I have the offending roo in full retreat for at least one lap around the chicken yard. My DH laughs his behind off every time I do this, but it has worked with every roo I've had a problem with. I've had a couple I had to repeat this with quite a few times, but eventually they all understand that I'm "top roo."

I will remember this.....even better with a glass of sangria!

My current roo is Clarence, a buff orp. When I picked up a hen for the neighbor, the hen laid an egg in the back of my car. That became Clarence. He challanged me a bit the last few months, but with the stalking, I see him stop and think, LOL. Now he kind of follows me around, still trying to figure me out, I can chase him away, but he comes back and just hangs out with me. Strange guy.
Clarence

3891_cla.jpg

Last edited:
I used to have a rooster that wouldattack me but I've ben doig ths my whole life (12 years) and i would grab them legs when he came at me and he stopped day 4 of tha method and now he'll attack anyone if i'm not there but if i show up i can hold him put him on my shoulder and do anythig i want to to the hens.But watch out for spurs!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom