Is it ok to spank our roo?

RoosterRidge

Songster
8 Years
Jun 14, 2011
Dry Fork, Va.
My husband was letting our roo out and he bit him good.
Then alittle while later he bit my bit him again.
The strange thing is, my husband is the one who does the most for him.
It was really funny at the time. Not so much now though.
He drew blood with each bite. Is it ok to spank him to make him stop?
He does not do me this way at all.
I told my husband that it was because
he is feeling threatened by him.
Please help!!!!

hide.gif
not to poke fun, but if you spank your rooster... I wanna see a YouTube video
hide.gif

Now... to be serious... someone who knows more will come along and let you know what they think.
We had a roo that was young and starting to get REALLY nasty to me... only me....
I did not cry when he was attacked and killed by a predator.

I would kick him like a football . My pullets peck me ever now & again I think their just testing me never hard enough to draw blood I usually thumb them back with my finger.

If your husband spanks him it might make him more aggressive towards your husband. The Roo is biting for some reason: personalities are crashing, feeling threatened, protecting his flock. I really don't why know he's doing so but I don't think I'd try to spank!!
smile.png

I would say no, it's not ok to "spank" him and even less so to kick him around. Do a search on here for Rooster Rehab or kill him humanely and eat him, but please don't abuse the bird.

Last edited:
Quote:
X2. Kick him, chase him around the yard, show him who is boss. Don't let the rooster get away with hurting anyone.

X3 if none of the above works then cook him!
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Our rooster was getting V ERY aggressive toward us. I kicked him and just made him worse. Now I just pretty much ignore him, but don't face him down as I had been after he started his crap. Anyway, it seems to work. When we go in the pen, he is watchful, and gets between us and the hens, but doesn't bother us. He had put a good size hole in my leg too. Dang thing, I mean, how in the world can they put a hole in my leg THROUGH my jeans and NOT leave a hole in the jeans????? That has happened twice now, once with this rooster, and once with a Dominque.

You can also grab him up, and hang him upside down by his feet. After he stops struggling, tuck him under your arm and carry him around while you do chicken chores. Your husband needs to do this too, as he is the one having problems. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom