Is it okay...?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by GlitterKitty, Aug 26, 2010.

1. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    The feed store here has weird hours and my chickens ran out of food. Is it okay that I fed them Medicated Chick Feed? I am only doing this until I can get their layer feed either tonight, Friday, or Saturday for sure if the feed store's open. No later then Saturday though.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Yes....you can also give them oats, watermelon, scratch, grass cuttings, bugs.
    I let mine freerange for a couple hours every day. They are beautiful and healthy and they eat less crumbles.
    Caroline

3. GlitterKitty

Nov 21, 2009
    Quote:Thanks! I'd love to let them free range but my doggie will eat them [​IMG] I think I'll lock up my dog and let them out for a bit later.. And I'll have to find some treats around the house too [​IMG]

Do they like peaches or strawberries?

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Just yesterday I threw a couple mushy peaches out to the chickens. They devoured them post haste.

Imp

5. GlitterKitty

Nov 21, 2009
    Quote:Awesome! I got some peaches and stuff in the fridge I bet they will love! I wish we had watermelon... they love that. The other day I fed them Chinese food [​IMG] Lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by