Is it possible that an immature pullet is starting to lay eggs?

Morgank

Songster
5 Years
Jul 3, 2018
Europe, Estonia
Hi! I dont know how to connect my recent topic to here. I had a problem with pullet who has two different eye color. Some thought that she had Marek disease, some that this is her genetics. She is a little different, faverolle color blue-salmon. She is smaller than her sister- both of them prox. 20 weeks old. And she has this one eye- i call baby eye (blue-gray)
Today i took this immature pullet to my hands and she spread her wings. I tried again, i put my hand in her back. And she did it again and crouch.
This pullet gets basic food for laying chickens two weeks from now) because she is the only small one and in our market has only big food bags. If i look at her and her size, she is not able to lay eggs for a couple of months yet. Could it be that her genetics is so messed up? Or is this some odd behavior? Roosters are not interested her.
I have also salmon favererolle who is 7 month old and started laiyng 1 week ago.

She could be small, but that doesn't mean she isn't maturing. Even full grown, birds of the same breed can vary in size. Squatting with the wings out is a good indicator that laying is soon to come!

Sounds like she should be laying soon. :)
Make sure she has access to calcium as needed.

Sounds like she should be laying soon. :)
Make sure she has access to calcium as needed.
Yes, we have one pot of limestone for everyone (scrambled), but she is smaller than others. She lives under nestboxes. I feed her 4 times a day separetly. others pecking her, because she is too small. She is not chary (she is the first one who pecked me! I always say, this is the warrior princess )

In my heart i know, this is consequences if rooster was same family. I dont know, because i got to pullets. Please, people, dont ever mix even breeds.

Back
Top Bottom