Is it possible that my new Brinsea's humidity gauge is off?

Quote:
Boo
hit.gif
That's not possible!!! Do you have others pipping or zipping?

I think all my factory preset brinseas are off just a hair too. All 4 of my hatches in them have been late. Most all my pips and zips are on day 23. So this tells me my temps are a little low. Also, Brinsea states not to compare their thermometer with a cheaper less one. So I am sure your humidity is fine. But your temps might be off. I know my 2 Brinsea Ecos arrived set to 104 degrees!!!! Thank God I didnt trust them to be right.

Don't the ones that aren't digital have an adjustment? I was sure daisy told me they did. In fact even the Advanced I think has an adjustment. Mine luckily was right on the money!

I didn't see any pips or zips this morning, but I'm crossing my fingers for the rest of them. I turned the humidity up just a bit because it looked like the shell wasn't breaking easily. I'm at school and I'm going home for lunch. I'm really hoping that there'll be some action going on in there. I'm really disappointed in the calibration thing, you'd think that a $400 incubator would be the quality of one.

Quote:
I agree! I can't say much because mine seemed ok. I put a thermometer in it for a day before and the temp showed correct. Did you adjust the high and low temp settings on yours? Maybe you have too big of range and the alarm is not going off when it fluctuates too much.

Quote:
I agree! I can't say much because mine seemed ok. I put a thermometer in it for a day before and the temp showed correct. Did you adjust the high and low temp settings on yours? Maybe you have too big of range and the alarm is not going off when it fluctuates too much.

It only fluctuated by plus or minus .1 degree that I saw, I'm rarely home though, but I check whenever I can. I've increased the temperature very gradually since I saw the temperature on the thermometer I put in there.

The inner membrane of that one is definitely dried out. I'm just so overwhelmed right now. If I would've helped her out last night she would've been ok.. And there still isn't any sign of any of the other ones hatching. I'm frustrated that my incubator cost me $400 only to ruin my $80 eggs. *Sigh* I just want to crawl into a hole and cry.
sad.png

It sucks knowing that there's nothing I can do.

Quote:
hugs.gif
I am sorry. I haven't had the guts to buy eggs yet. I want to run a few trial runs with my own first even thought I will be getting mutts so I could make sure all was good. Don't give up even if this hatch doesn't go well. It happens to people all the time on here!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
hugs.gif
I am sorry. I haven't had the guts to buy eggs yet. I want to run a few trial runs with my own first even thought I will be getting mutts so I could make sure all was good. Don't give up even if this hatch doesn't go well. It happens to people all the time on here!!
hugs.gif

Thanks.
hu.gif
I know it happens, but it just sucks.
sad.png
I don't like wasting my money... And time, really. I feel bad that I didn't give these babies a chance to hatch and live and be happy.
sad.png
Next time, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom