Is it possible to keep roosters together?

Lol, no I could never do that as we are vegetarian family and they are pets! They do have space to get away but at the time they were fighting it did seem to be getting quite agressive and nasty! I think I will try a few things people have suggested and hope they can work things out, I certainly wouldn't want them fighting to the death and they wouldn't be the easiest things to handle and treat it they get badly injured....just looking at those sharp back spikes!!!

Thank you for your response and comments, Yes that is what I was scared of that they would fight to the death as neither seemed to want to back down and they were free out in the field! They had never been like that before plus we only have 5 hens, so mabe more hens would help balance things out? I will see how they go, I can seperate them though not ideal for them as it means they will have to be in runs rather than free but I can let them out alternate days etc and I will keep trying them out together to see if things settle down and if they don'e I will try again later in the year.

The other worry is that if they get badly injured they are not the easiest of things to catch and handle with those long back spikes on their legs! They will come and eat out of our hands but since they have grown spikes I haven't picked them up or held them and although they used to jump on our laps neither the cock birds or the hens liked to be held, they seem to panic.

Anyway many thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom