Is it possible...

MegsEggsx

Songster
Nov 24, 2020
Australia, QLD
I have a 23 week old Silkie cockerel who I love so much but unfortunately, I can't have roosters in my area (because of crowing). The person I bought him off as a week old chick with his 2 sisters, offered to take any back that were males. I have 7 older hens, 3 docile yet cranky langshan bantams, and 4 sexlinks. They have always seemed pretty dominant. Is it possible that he will be submissive to the older girls, not take his place as top dog and not crow? Could it be or am I just dreaming! :oops:

I have a 23 week old Silkie cockerel who I love so much but unfortunately, I can't have roosters in my area (because of crowing). The person I bought him off as a week old chick with his 2 sisters, offered to take any back that were males. I have 7 older hens, 3 docile yet cranky langshan bantams, and 4 sexlinks. They have always seemed pretty dominant. Is it possible that he will be submissive to the older girls, not take his place as top dog and not crow? Could it be or am I just dreaming! :oops:
He will still crow even if he is not the dominant bird. U can try crow collars. A crow collar makes the rooster not cro so loud.

He will crow regardless. I don’t know enough about silkies to comment on flock dynamics. You can try a crow collar. Some people think they are cruel. I have no opinion. Never used one.

Back
Top Bottom