Is it really THAT Taboo?!

might be too low fat to make soap, but try it and see.

you could also feed it to the other animals. dogs, cats, chickens, etc would probably all love it.

make ice cream (or ice milk if too low in fat) out of it and feed it to the kids.

drink it yourself. might be good in cofee, too.

if you do throw it out, put it in the garden or plants as they could probably soak up some nutrients.

hate to let all that work go to waste!

Make the soap for your family..i dont really see any big deal about it at all. Now selling it is another matter... i would'nt ever do that..

Quote:
Too bad you aren't in the states. When Ethan was in the NICU and had to have donor milk it was $4 an OUNCE! (Thank God insurance paid for that for us!!)

Curious though, why don't you just continue to feed it to your baby? Even if he's over a year old and drinking from a sippy cup... if I had breastmilk stored up I would definitely be using it for my little man for as long as it lasted.

Aw we tried, I only pumped because I have an issue with over-production, there's close to 250oz in my frezzer that is pushing 8 months old, it is too old to feed the kids so I opted for making soap opposed to throwing it away. My son wasnt able to figure out how to use a bottle and he prefers it fresh from the source so he never wanted it
hmm.png

WOW, you made some milk! I completely understand the whole breast/bottle issue, my 3rd son was just like that. I haven't read the whole thread thoroughly so you may have already answered this but are you talking about making the soap for you own family? If so, I say go for it... and if your baby won't drink it you can wash him with it!
lol.png

Robin'sBrood :

Quote:
Aw we tried, I only pumped because I have an issue with over-production, there's close to 250oz in my frezzer that is pushing 8 months old, it is too old to feed the kids so I opted for making soap opposed to throwing it away. My son wasnt able to figure out how to use a bottle and he prefers it fresh from the source so he never wanted it
hmm.png

WOW, you made some milk! I completely understand the whole breast/bottle issue, my 3rd son was just like that. I haven't read the whole thread thoroughly so you may have already answered this but are you talking about making the soap for you own family? If so, I say go for it... and if your baby won't drink it you can wash him with it!
lol.png

Yes for my family, I didnt really think there was much of a market for it
lau.gif
b/c as others have mentionied there is an "ick" factor, which I TOTALLY understand.

Back
Top Bottom