• No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Aschuchert

Songster
9 Years
Nov 3, 2014
Tempe
We have a hen with canker that isn't getting better, using copper sulfate and treated flock with 7 days of mix just to be sure. She didn't respond and is spreading in her mouth.
We do process our roosters, I don't see anything online to say if it's ok to process and eat chickens that have canker.
Thanks for you help.

We typically think the same. This disease is very common in wild fowl. Seems hunter's are encouraged to cook to 160° to kill the parasite.. so was wondering how if was received in the back yard world.

We always want our flock to be happy and healthy, feel that make for better food when they have a happy life.

Just don't want to waste her life unless it's necessary and don't want her infection to risk the others.

We typically think the same. This disease is very common in wild fowl. Seems hunter's are encouraged to cook to 160° to kill the parasite.. so was wondering how if was received in the back yard world.

We always want our flock to be happy and healthy, feel that make for better food when they have a happy life.

Just don't want to waste her life unless it's necessary and don't want her infection to risk the others.
Did you take a swab and had it analyzed?

I don't think it to be a waste to cull and dispose of the body of a bird that suffers from an untreatable/spreading infection.

On the contrary: For me it would be the sensible thing to do, as I would not even consider to feed such a bird to my dogs.

Back
Top Bottom