Is it safe

I don't have blackhead in my area, so I raise them together. I haven't had any problems. In fact, my turkeys have been hatched and raised by my chickens. They are all very healthy.

I don't have blackheads either where I live. I have had guinea fowl chase turkeys until they died. I have had one that was nice to the turkeys. I have not had a problem yet with geese or ducks with my turkeys. Once in a while my turkey hens chase my roosters. They don't like them much but have not hurt them.

Quote:
As I understand it, chickens show little or no signs of this parasitic protozoan, it's harmless to them but dangerous to turkeys. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, though.

When you say raise together, I assume you're talking about newly hatched.
I wouldn't raise them with ducks because ducks are always splashing water everywhere and poults can't handle being wet. And like tunastopper said, guineas can be mean. I got rid of my guineas because they were mean to everything. I was having a barbecue one day and one of our friends has a rather long beard and my male guinea attacked him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom