Is it still possible to tame two week old red golden pheasant chick as a pet?

Why are the people responding in this thread so “anti-pet-pheasant-taming”?

Some people hunt and shoot pheasants as a sport, while here I am being talked down to because I’m trying to tame a pheasant as a pet.
We’re just offering the same realistic educational advice as would be offered to anyone based on actual experience.
You mentioned wanting to do this based on seeing an Instagram of 1 (4year old) ringneck MALE pheasant. You mentioned in previous threads wanting an indoor pet guinea based off a YouTube video. Your own statements alone tell your overall inexperience with gamebirds.
Why are you so against learning to properly care and provide for the PET you have chosen and supposedly already purchased?

We’re just offering the same realistic educational advice as would be offered to anyone based on actual experience.
You mentioned wanting to do this based on seeing an Instagram of 1 (4year old) ringneck MALE pheasant. You mentioned in previous threads wanting an indoor pet guinea based off a YouTube video. Your own statements alone tell your overall inexperience with gamebirds.
Why are you so against learning to properly care and provide for the PET you have chosen and supposedly already purchased?
What are your honest opinions about the tame Ringneck pheasant on that Instagram account? What are your honest opinions about the tame Guinea fowl on that YouTube video?

Also I want to let everyone here know that I did not buy that “Bird calm” supplement after everyone’s opinions about it. Okay everyone? I will NOT buy that “Bird calm” supplement!

Last edited:
What are your honest opinions about the tame Ringneck pheasant on that Instagram account? What are your honest opinions about the tame Guinea fowl on that YouTube video?
Wingnut is an absolutely amazing and beautiful ringneck cockbird that was hand raised from hatch with other pheasants. What they don’t reveal in the insta is the work that it took to get him to the point where the insta starts at age 3+ (Wingclipping, veterinary visits, ruined furniture, escapes, injuries, housing upgrades and maintenance as just a few examples.) And they don’t mention how many other pheasants they tried this with successfully and unsuccessfully other than a small snippet about 1 red golden he was raised around. They also don’t mention where they are located and other obstacles they’ve encountered along this journey. As for the guinea, I’m sure it’s a similar situation. There’s a lot they don’t show in the videos and online posts!

Excerpt from the pet policy for Petsmart.

For the safety of all pets, pet parents, and store associates, non-traditional pets are not permitted inside any PetSmart store location unless the pet is a service animal under the federal guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar state or local laws, or has a veterinary appointment with an in-store Banfield Hospital.

PetSmart considers a pet 'non-traditional' unless (1) it sells the same breed or type of pet; (2) it would allow adoption of the same breed or type of pet through an in-store adoption partner; (3) it sells supplies intended for the specific breed or type of pet; or (4) the specific pet in question is being treated at the in-store Banfield Hospital.

Full policy here...
https://www.petsmart.com/help/about-petsmart-H0013b.html

For the safety of all pets, pet parents, and store associates, non-traditional pets are not permitted inside any PetSmart store location unless the pet is a service animal under the federal guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar state or local laws, or has a veterinary appointment with an in-store Banfield Hospital.

PetSmart considers a pet 'non-traditional' unless (1) it sells the same breed or type of pet; (2) it would allow adoption of the same breed or type of pet through an in-store adoption partner; (3) it sells supplies intended for the specific breed or type of pet; or (4) the specific pet in question is being treated at the in-store Banfield Hospital.

Full policy here...
Thank you. That has changed since I worked there. Nice to know before you go OP

Full policy here...
Okay! Is there anything else you want to lecture me about more? I am stupid, okay?! You win!

Back
Top Bottom