Is it still possible to tame two week old red golden pheasant chick as a pet?

And should I use an avian harness for my pheasant or would it be better to use a tether attached to one of her legs?
Personally, if it were me going anywhere with my birds, I would use a harness -- especially if they were going to be perching. Bird legs are somewhat fragile, and if a pheasant were to freak out and go ballistic, it could easily damage its legs if it were tethered -- a harness would go around the body and would be both more secure and not attached to such a fragile body part.

Personally, if it were me going anywhere with my birds, I would use a harness -- especially if they were going to be perching. Bird legs are somewhat fragile, and if a pheasant were to freak out and go ballistic, it could easily damage its legs if it were tethered -- a harness would go around the body and would be both more secure and not attached to such a fragile body part.
I agree. Maybe the leg tether is better suited for the larger ornamental birds. Thank you

The person in that YouTube video who is taming his peafowl uses the leg tether.
He is, and the several of the people in the peafowl forum warned him that it could severely injure the peas. We were all pleasantly surprised when he managed to tether train them without hurting them.

Okay fine then!
I’ll just take my pet pheasant perching on my arm and wearing a harness while I walk around the neighborhood block or at a public park.
have you ever held a bird perching on your arm for any length of time.....do you realize how much strength it requires in addition to leather protection over your skin. i would definitely recommend practicing with at least a 5# weight

have you ever held a bird perching on your arm for any length of time.....do you realize how much strength it requires in addition to leather protection over your skin. i would definitely recommend practicing with at least a 5# weight
Yeah, a five pound weight that bites and poops! :lau

Back
Top Bottom